Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Max Patch, North Carolina

Went on a picnic with our friends Steve and Joy. About an hour away from Asheville, Max Patch, we were on top of a mountain surrounded by incredible mountain views, trees, even lakes. We drove part way up a gravel road and then walked up the hill, best place ever to have a picnic. Joy packed a wonderful picnic dinner: corn from their garden, chicken, garlic bread, wine. so good.














Our wonderful campground host, Andy, at Campfire Lodgings





Great place to start the day with a cup of coffee









3 comments:

  1. Ok, so the pics of you all on the grass for your picnic...when I saw that the tune from the Sound of Music (The Hills Are Alive) came into my head! =) These pics are gorgeous. My Favorite is the one with the little white church with a bridge over a little stream. I will make that my new happy place! Miss you sooooo much. Glad you're having a great time! Happy Mother's Day Laurie.
    Love ya,
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I said when we got to the top!! It was incredible. I loved the church one too, my brain is on beautiful overload!!! Miss you Catfish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website says it all...there's so much to see in our country. You're a wonderful couple and i miss you! Loved seeing Campfire Lodgings! That always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete