Sunday, May 2, 2010

12 Bones Jalapeno Cheese Grits

12 Bones Jalapeno Cheese Grits

1 qt milk
1 qt water
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 Tbls. salt
2 cups stone ground grits
1/2 of a poblano, diced
1/4 of a jalapeno, diced
1/4 of a red pepper, diced
5 oz. yellow Cheddar Cheese
5 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese



In a skillet over medium heat combine milk, water, butter, salt and grits. Whisk often to prevent burning. Once grits begin to soften, add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low; simmer until grits are soft.





4 comments:

  1. Oh my, SO BEAUTIFUL. South Carolina............ sure looks good. And, I'm lovin that you sent a GRITS recipe!!! I love grits. I'm going to be all over that! YUM! Miss you two. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the best grits I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've eaten 12 Bones grits and they are the Bomb! These are good however I'm thinking instead of water maybe we should try chicken broth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had these at 12 bones, also! Your recipe tastes just like them!

    ReplyDelete